The Mother Amateur Bicycling Club has organised another great event:
The Great Bain’s Kloof Rush.
And it’s going down next month.
It,s a bike race/ride to Tweede Tol campsite in Bainskloof. We will camp for 2 nights and then ride back around 10-11am on sunday.
RACE: The race will be a weight handicapped race. Riders will set off in intervals, heaviest bikes first, lightest bikes last.
You can choose any route to Bainskloof. All roads should end up funnelling through Wellington and Bainskloof pass. So get your map out and start planning.
RIDE: If you aren't keen on racing and would rather just ride there will be a group of riders that set off before the race at 8am. There are lots of nice coffee/food stops along the way.
There are also a group of riders catching the train to wellington and riding from there.
CAMPING: You can book/pay for your spot here (https://booking.capenature.co.za/#resorts/277/accommodationTypes) or call this number 087 0878250 to make a booking.
Each campsite holds 6 people, so try find other people to camp with to save money and space.
PRIZES: There are going to be a couple small prizes.
1. First person to set up their camp.
2. Fastest time up Bainskloof pass on the day. (*on Strava.)
3. Prize for the jankiest looking bike packing rig.
1. Its going to be cold, so pack warm.
2. Wellington is the last town before the climb, so make sure you stack up on food and drinks before climbing up Bainskloof pass.
3. There isn't any signal at the campsite. (You can ride a few kms down the road if you really need some.)
Looking forward to a fun race and a cool weekend!